[TenTec] Omni vi+ TEST firmware

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni vi+ TEST firmware
From: Bill_Ames@hyperion.com (Bill_Ames@hyperion.com)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 14:27:02 -0400

Gee John, perhaps you have a rig that is being used to test firmware before it
is considered time to freeze the code!

Bill Ames

Has anyone lately noticed the firmware revision on the control board while
the top cover has been off?  While looking at my friction laden optical
encoder, I noticed my firmware has a curious label: "6+ TEST Rev 1.03
11/3/98".  Everything seems to work although setting the keyer speed and/or
sidetone volume occasionally kills the clock display requiring power off/on
sequencing to get the clock back.  Still, makes me wonder if I have a
version of the software specifically for testing the rig before it leaves
the factory...
de ke5c,
op John