[Fwd: [TenTec] Paragon I CPU "upgrade"]

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: [TenTec] Paragon I CPU "upgrade"]
From: k7kj@teleport.com (Greg Hodsdon)
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:16:28 -0700

zeitler@ibm.net wrote:

> Brian, Clark, et al,
> I am curious.......What does the Ghiel chip "upgrade" do for the Paragon I?

The Geihl chip is a significant upgrade to the original user interface. Some of
the major improvements are: RIT, XIT (both +/- 99khz), clock, main display,
band and frequency (up/down 5 and 10khz) changing. Some of these features I
miss in the Omni 6+.

> Can the Paragon I run cascaded optional filters like the Omni VI?

No. The Omni V was the first TenTec radio to provide for optional 9Mhz IF
filters. The Paragon uses the standard 2.4khz filters in both the first and
second (6Mhz/PBT) IF and provides for the optional 3 filters in the PBT IF.

> Lane
> Ku7i

Greg, K7KJPortland, OR