[TenTec] The Last Radios

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] The Last Radios
From: john.conners@mail.mei.com (john.conners)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 17:09:33 -0500 (CDT)
SMT is only a problem if one doesn't have the right tools.
Do you want your eye surgeon using 1950's tools?

Changes and additions are still possible with modern electronics,
but they may be more in the form of patched software.

How about adding narrow FM detection to the RX-320 so we can use
it as an IF for a VHF converter! Just add some DSP code, no parts!

The key is to have open access to the software, like we did with
the schematics. With that access, we could actually do more tinkering
instead of less, compared to the hardware only radios.

Work torwards FLASH code memory and source code access!

73,
John, K9PGF