[TenTec] Dead List?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dead List?
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:39:19 -0400
Hey, where is everybody. I'm not copying any mail today.
I called TenTec today and asked them to send the connectors so I could
interface my Omni C to the Hercules II. Two of them said it wouldn't work
because the switch on the Omni C was wired differently, have the contactor
for the switch grounded. I quoted the Hercules II manual which showed the
diagram for the interface plus even said "for Omni and Corsair 1. Note:
Corsair 1 not Corsair 2. Still I couldn't convince them otherwise. So they
agreed to send me the connectors anyway and I told them I would rewire the
Omni C so it's swich produced 12v for the band change function. I came home,
checked my Omni C manual and sure enought, the switch has a floating rotor
and can be connected however you want. The manual was right and both techs
were wrong. Well nobody's perfect. Now to actually check the rig with an
ohmmeter and see if the manual is correct.

So is anyone out there???? Hellooooooooooo
Steve N4LQ