[TenTec] Scout Band module mods..?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout Band module mods..?
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 11:49:52 -0400
I've thought about it and it should be possible. The tricky part
would be changing the bandpass filter and aligning it without a
sweep generator. For the low pass filter, just pick the module
for the next higher band than the range that you want, i.e. use the
40 m module for minitoring the 5 MHz aircraft band. The crystal
would have to be changed, of course, and there is an LSB/USB jumper
inside each module.

Why do it? Several reasons: Utility monitoring, switching to LSB on
a normally USB band for RTTY, MARS operation, etc. As for 11 meters,
I wouldn't waste the time or effort. You can buy a good CB set for
the cost of the 10 m Scout module, and it would be illegal to use
the Scout for transmiting, anyway.

                        73, Bob WB2VUF