[TenTec] Which filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Which filters
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 10:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
The average 90% of us probably would be hard pressed
to tell the difference between the TT and InRad
filters in a side by side comparison.  The TT filters
are more than adequate for most of us.  For the
serious DXer or contester the InRad filters have an
extra edge at a higher price than TT. The skirts are
deeper and each filter is more or less hand built and
tested.  For those 10% who want that extra edge then
the InRad filters are worth the price. Now consider
also that InRad makes filters for the ICOMS, Yeasus
and Kenwoods along with Drake and Heathkit.  I have
InRad filters in my Heathkit SB-102 and am ordering a
set for an SB-104A .  The InRad filters are far
superior to any Heath or the aforementioned
manufacturers had in their inventory. For these radios
the InRad filters are a quantum leap in performance.
Ten Tec already has an excellent performing filter
inventory.  The InRads are there for a certain few
hams who need them.  So this is the consideration you
should give the purchase decision. What kind of
operation do you do and do you really need that 10%
edge in your operating. Its definitely not an easy
decision.

--- Robert <bigmack@nortexinfo.net> wrote:

> After reading all of this, what is the TenTec
> response... Surely they see
> (as I have in just these few messages) that there is
> an obvious preference,
> on this reflector, for the INRAD filters. Why
> doesn't TenTec offer these
> filters under the TenTec brand name? Just curious...
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.