[TenTec] FS: KVG XF-9B 8-pole 2.4kHz Filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FS: KVG XF-9B 8-pole 2.4kHz Filter
From: DSJKALLEN@aol.com (DSJKALLEN@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 22:52:09 EDT
I have a new KVG XF-9B filter still in the Styrofoam packaging.  This is a
2.4kHz 8-pole xtal lattice filter manufactured by "Kristall-Verarbeitung
Neckarbischofsheim GmbH" in Germany -- known in the business as KVG.

Specs are as follows:

9 MHz I.F. Filter
2.4kHz @ -6dB
Passband Ripple <2 dB
Insertion Loss <3.5 dB
I-O Z  500 ohms, 30pF
Shape Factor  6:60 dB = 1.8, 6:80 dB = 2.2
Stop Band Attenuation = >100 dB
Size: 1 27/64" L x 1 3/64 W x 3/4" H

This is a great filter for all Ten-Tec rigs that use a 9 MHz I.F.  In the
early 80's, I modified a number of Argos and Tritons with this filter  --
customers and my own.

This filter comes with Carrier, BFO, USB, and LSB matching oscillator xtals
and sockets for those who want to use it in a xmtr design as well.  My
experience, however, is only replacing the stock Ten-Tec SSB 9.0MHz 2.4kHz
filter with the KVG.  Generally, you only have to slightly change the Zin and
Zout terminations to the spec for this filter -- changing a cap and a
resistor looking into the input and output of the filter.  For example, the
stock termination on the 509 works, but passband ripple is increased over the
spec level.

The current price of this filter -- still in production -- is nearly $300 in
single piece quantities.  The filter is unused, never installed, and never
touched by a soldering iron.  It has been in storage for the last few years,
awaiting another one of my projects that I never seem to have time for
anymore.  PRICE:  $150.00, delivered.

I don't have the instruction sheet for this particular unit, but I can
photocopy one that was used for a customer's transceiver modification I made
back in the early '80s that I still have on file.  The specifications have
remained the same and the data and all info are still applicable.  The only
thing that has changed in a MAJOR way is the pricing.  In the late '70s and
early '80s, the KVG filters were substantially cheaper than today --
typically, only a fraction of their present cost.

If interested, pse let me know.

Tnx es 73,
Don Allen W9CW
Urbana, IL