[TenTec] OMNI-VI PBT position

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI-VI PBT position
From: turner@rome.ICS.UCI.EDU (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:17:30 -0700
Many on this list have noted the slight PBT movements required
for the "sound" to be right on the OMNI (Corsair).  It has
previously been noted that the model 220, 2.4 KHz stock SSB
filter (have a spare?  I'm looking for one!) appears to be
slightly non symmetrical in its response.  USB sounds different
than LSB, but can almost be compensated for by PBT.  This is
why I got the INRAD 2.8's, the filter response sounds much
more symmetrical to my ear.  PBT almost 12 o'clock, USB sounds
very much like LSB.  Its not really a big deal, but noticeable.

I am interested in the "ringing" of the filters with atmospheric
noise.  I plan to test my own ears with Ten Tec vs INRAD's at
some point.

Clark
WA3JPG