[TenTec] Omni-D - Noise Blanker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni-D - Noise Blanker
From: N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 19:52:01 -0400
Hi Russ--

The Omni-old rigs used a noise blanker that just did not work.  I was told
that when Joe McCoig was with Ten-Tec service, he tried unsuccessfully for
quite some time to get the things functioning.

Once I asked on this reflector if my noise blanker was turned ON with the
switch pulled out or pushed in.  The responses I got were that it really
didn't matter, since the things don't work anyway.

I tried to reconfigure the one on my Omni-C to be a circuit duplicate of the
highly effective blanker in the Triton rigs, but to no avail.  I never could
get it to do squat!

But good luck to you.  Hope you have better luck than I did.

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net