[TenTec] Contests (was OMNI-VI Plus features lost...)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Contests (was OMNI-VI Plus features lost...)
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 13:40:20 -0700 (PDT)
I would definitely add "may the biggest antenna win"
to what Al describes.

Where else, but contesting, could you say that one
100ft tower isn't enough?  ;-)

To all of our pipedreaming of rescoring contests to
encourage sensible power levels, I would add
encouraging the use of more modest antennas.
Presently, everyone is lumped together to compete
against the guys with huge stacked, multi-tower
antenna farms.  A decent tribander, or even a good
wire is often more than enough to make solid contact
world-wide.

The notable exception to this is the CQ WPX contest,
which has a separate competition category for
Tribander(20/10)/Single element(160/40).

My contesting 2 cents,
Barry  N1EU

=====