[TenTec] tentec@contesting.com

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] tentec@contesting.com
From: w5ben@arrl.net (Duane Budd)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 07:56:38 -0400
George said:

"In order to accommodate my shack needs, I added a USB/serial-port
expander/converter unit. It is made by Entrega - Model HUB-2U4S. It
connects to the USB port on the computer and provides 4 serial ports and
2 additional USB ports. Software allows the virtual ports to be named as
desired."

Budd says: Yes, I have one of these and it works quite well. However, be
advised that the "phantom" serial ports it creates ALL HAVE THE SAME IRQ
DESIGNATOR, which is no problem for Windows S/W. apparently, but some
DOS-based S/W ("RTTY" by WF1B and Hyperlog, for example) don't like that at
all!!

Duane Budd
w5ben@arrl.net