[TenTec] Pegasus Programming and other items of wishful nature

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Programming and other items of wishful nature
From: jedmonds.dit@state.va.us (Edmonds, J.B.)
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:59:29 -0400
The info I have says the Pegasus receiver is basically a RX-320.  I bet the
command set is the same.  Why would Tentec reinvent the wheel?  Now
transmitter functions are another matter.

My questions are more basic.  Can you run a contesting program with the
Pegasus and still use the "front panel" for radio control or is it a "either
or"?  I would have liked to seen an auxillary control (serial) port for
interface to a contest program.  Better yet a USB interface from the Pegasus
to the computer.

Now for my real question.  Will someone step forward and build a plug-in
replacement processor board and RS-232 interface for the Paragon 585?  When
completed, that could be the THE rig to own.  Giving of course that the
command set is robust enough to be useful.  I see someone is making such a
board for the Kenwood 930......  The 930 is now even MORE popular.

J.B.
N4NQY