[TenTec] Omni V and Writelog

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V and Writelog
From: w5yr@swbell.net (George T. Baker)
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 23:03:28 -0500
Carl, you might want to look into the usage/status of the various serial
port handshaking (data flow control) lines: DTR, DSR, RTS, CTS, etc. Some
comm programs assume that these are tied up or to one another, etc. to
enable data flow. Your TNC may have these control lines properly hooked
up while your link to the Omni may not. The problem may be with the
interface - in this case, the Omni - rather than with the program or the
port itself. That would explain why your port works with your TNC but not
with the Omni.

For example, in the Icom CT-17 that I use between Logger and my IC-765,
Pins 4 and 5 (RTS and CTS) are connected together in the CT-17. Plus, I
had to tie Pin 20 (DSR) high to get the interface recognized by the
HyperTerm Windows and other comm programs.

72/73, George        AMA 98452          R/C since 1964
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 54th year and it just keeps getting better!
AutoPOWER Systems, Fairview, TX (30 mi NE Dallas)  Collin County
QRP-L QRP-ARCI FISTS NORCAL ZOMBIE ARS 10-X  33.2 N 96.6 W EM13RE