[TenTec] Icom microphone for Omni VI?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Icom microphone for Omni VI?
From: pklein@2alpha.net (Peter A. Klein)
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 1999 22:19:25 -0700
I've got an Icom SM-8 desk microphone left over from an Icom radio I used
to own.  Has anybody used this microphone with an Omni VI, and if so, how
did you hook it up and how well did it work?  I'm debating whether to sell
it, or try to adapt it to my Omni VI and a Yaesu VHF rig.

The SM-8 can switch between two rigs, and has an adjustable-gain preamp.
And up/down buttons, but those won't do much good with an Omni VI.

Another thought:  If somebody on the list has a spare Ten Tec 705 desk
microphone and would be interested in working out a trade, please let me know.

73,
Peter, KD7MW