[TenTec] Triton IV Resonate Control Problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton IV Resonate Control Problem
From: n0sbm@moonworks.com (Alan Bryant)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:44:54 -0600
The resonate control on my Triton is a bit touchy. From 15 meters up, and
40 down, it's fine. But in the range around 20 meters, it tends to want to
"fall" down quite easily with barely a touch on the knob. It'll stay
in-place if you're careful, but it's really touchy.

When I've had the rig apart, I can't see any obvious way to increase the
friction of the internal parts to make this go away.

Anyone have any ideas, or is the solution to just mount the knob closer to
the front panel, and get my control friction from that?  (Seems a cheesy
solution.)

Any ideas from experienced Triton owners would be appreciated.

73,
Alan

---
Alan Bryant, WDØEVX (Formerly NØSBM)