[TenTec] 217 filter is sent back in 'good' health

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 217 filter is sent back in 'good' health
From: bigmack@nortexinfo.net (Robert)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 23:17:17 -0500
OK,

  SO now I guess I get to play my most successful role again, the dingbat...

I have a 217 and a 218 filter (217 in slot #1, 218 in #2) The jumper for
217 is between 1 and 2 as per the manual. The jumper for the 218 is between
2 and 3.

Can someone give me an idea of how to 'hear' the 217 in action? I have
tried every configuration I can think of, but, when I bring N1 into the
mix, it is as if the slot is empty... I can hear a true difference in the
218, and while not expecting the same, I would expect to hear SOMETHING out
of the 217...

Can someone give me a way to check this, or, should I just box the rig up
for a trip to Tennessee?