[TenTec] WBL Paddle

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WBL Paddle
From: aa4nn@juno.com (Joe L Blackwell)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:56:06 -0400
Hi Vin, de Joe AA4NN
I would say if you have been using the straight key for all those
years at 20-25 wpm, you are certainly not in the "slow speed"
category.  Guys with paddles don't even go that fast.  Get yourself
a paddle or "bug" and enjoy QSOs upwards of 35wpm.  Keyboard?
Keyboards are good, eliminate errors, good copy for receiving guy.
Plus it's fun to send CW by alternate means.
73, de Joe AA4NN

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 10:04:35 -0400 Vin Legare <vin@midmaine.com> writes:

> Thanks to all who responded to my query about the WBL paddle.  ...
> For
> years I've been a slow speed CW guy, operating with a straight key
> at
> 20-25 wpm, never used a bug or paddle.  Now, after ur collective
> comments I'm going to practice with the WBL and see how it goes.  It
> does have a lot of adjustments!
>
> The WBL paddle has 2 call signs on it, 1 for WBL and the other I
> suspect
> was the original owner.  I'll check with Stan to find out.  Agn
> thanks
> and 73s   Vin  W1TUJ
>

> --

Vy 73, de Joe AA4NN
Eastern Top Band ARC,  Carolina DX Assn,  Carolina CW Ops,
Fairfield County Contesters, Ten-Tec only, CW only.
eeetet   ee