[TenTec] PM3A power output ?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] PM3A power output ?
From: badger@vbe.com (Michael Melland)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 14:44:46 -0500
"Paul R. Valko" wrote:

> Yes

> > Just picking some knowledgeable brains.  My little PM3A manual states
> > that power input is 5 watts.  I'm getting about 2 watts out on 40 meters
> > and 1.5+- out on 20.  Is that typical ?

Thanks Paul,

I thought so, especially when the manual states " power input 5 watts" .  I
figured about 60%  output would be close into a nice tuned antenna (unlike
mine at over 2:1 swr right now).  I'm surprised at how many replies I've
gotten swearing that they get 5 watts output and mine is low.  Can't see how
that's possible with 5 watts input..... wish I could get that efficiency on
the rest of my projects <grin>.

73 de Mike, W9WIS