[TenTec] I want a really good receiver

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] I want a really good receiver
From: dacalvin@us.ibm.com (dacalvin@us.ibm.com)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 15:13:13 -0500

In fact, he did that and now has little use for his noise canceller.  BUT,
with the deregulation of the power industry and many of the municipal
utilities having to look more competitive, I think we're going to have more
and more difficulty getting help with noise problems.  It's already
happening here in Austin where they have let go the people who knew how to
find and eliminate noise problems, and, while they still make the effort,
one must wonder how long that will last since it's only a few of us
"crackpot hams" who will be calling to pester them about noise.

Jim Cox wrote:

>The best solution is to really stay on the Power Company and make them
>fix the hardware,etc that is causing the power line noise.   I have found
they
>will cooperate well with you but you must be forceful and stay on the
>problem.

Duane A. Calvin
Server Systems Test Engineer
Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368