[TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout VS. DX-77
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 16:03:46 -0500

>I wonder how many of us would buy a Delta III (Delta 2K?) if it came
in at
>about $1200 or so.  I think a new xcvr positioned one or two notches
above
>the little entry level oriental rigs, having serious CW capabilities
and
>the ability to be controlled like a Pegasus might just be a winner.

Yes, it could be.  The Delta II, however, cannot be computer
controlled AND do CW.
That's why I don't "love" it, only like it.  It's also very large in a
/m context.  For the $1200 or less that you are talking about, you
could get one of the bazillion band, miniature radios (FT-100 (I just
bought one, by the way...neat little radio), IC-706xxxx, TS-50).

73,
dale, kg5u