[TenTec] Delta II vs Scout

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta II vs Scout
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 07:25:02 -0400
Kenneth Crips wrote:

> don't understand the Scout, why didn't they just upgrade the Argosy,
> radio.  The modules make the Scout much too expensive, once all the modules
> are in hand.

This is true, but we have to think of the Scout as basically a
monoband rig with the capability of changing bands. Rather than a
sucessor to the Argosy, it is more of a successor to the venerable
Heathkit monobanders (HW-12, 22, 32) or the Swan monoband mobile
rigs produced in the 70's. Having said that, most of us (myself
included, eventually buy 4 or 5 modules for our Scouts!

Scout does seem to be a popular radio. Ten Tec is doing well in their
niche market, but being T-T fans we would all like to see T-T give
the big 3 a run for their mone in the small rig category as they
do in the big rig arena with the Omni VI.

                73, Bob WB2VUF