[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: aa8ve@juno.com (JEFF S JOHNSON)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:05:57 -0400
Don ,

I don't think anyone can say anything negative about the Scout in truth.
Rather just point out the obvious, it is limited to ham bands, ssb and
cw, it doesn't have the panash in looks of a do-all rig. But let's just
let the Scout stand on it's own, it's still in production and in high
demand, it's a mono band rig with a high performance receiver doesn't
need preamp etc.
It's not as voltage sensitive as a synthesized rig which makes it better
for portable, doesn't need an antenna tuner with it's mighty strong T*T
finals. Operating is clear and direct no multi function menus, for mobile
one can operate it without even looking at it, all controls can be found
and set by feel. CW has never been easier. Oh and just compare it to any
other rig with a pair of headphones on.

Ten Tec has never conformed to what the imports want us to have but
rather build rigs with the ham operators needs in mind. Scout doesn't
have every feature imaginable, there are plenty of  those rigs out there
already.  It's much smarter to create a market with a new product than
try to compete with an old one and get steamrollered.  Scout is built
with quality and purpose for the hf ssb ,cw ham and that's it. This being
the part of the hobby I enjoy most, Scout is perfect. It is not for
everybody and was never meant to be, however judging from it's success
and demand there are plenty of hams that it is built for.

Scout is not a compromise, it is the result of many years of experience
and refinement focusing in on the HF,SSB, CW ham, there is nothing else
like it.   Etc, etc, etc.......

Enjoy your new little buddy!

Jeff   aa8ve         73