[TenTec] Scout/N9TMU/1.61 now out

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Scout/N9TMU/1.61 now out
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 10:20:11 -0400

AA8VE writes:
>Ten Tec has never conformed to what the imports want us to have but
>rather build rigs with the ham operators needs in mind.  Scout doesn't
>have every feature imaginable, there are plenty of those rigs out there
>already.  It's much smarter to create a market with a new product than
>try to compete with an old one and get steamrollered.

Great summary of my philosophy!

The only comment I have to add in this discussion is that the Scout
is the most popular transceiver Ten-Tec has *ever* manufactured.
We are continuing to build them now and will do so for the forseeable
future.

Virgil Noah, N9TMU, if you're reading this message, please get in
touch with me regarding the conversation we had while you visited the
factory last week.  I have more information for you but no Florida
telephone number or address.

Version 1.61 of the Pegasus software is now available for download
through the web site at www.tentec.com.  Please note that the text
area on the main page indicates that it's 1.60 that is available.
Ignore that and go to the download area.  The download area has the
correct version ready (and indicated).  We'll correct the main
page text later today - we just wanted to get the new version out
ASAP as we've already been shipping it with new radios this week.

If you already installed 1.60 and updated the firmware with version
1.138, it is not necessary to re-flash the ROM.  If you are running
a version previous to 1.60, you'll need to run the Flash Loader to
update your EEPROM before 1.61 will operate properly.

Y'all have a good weekend.

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (865) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (865) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (865) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone (865) 428-0364 or (865) 453-7172.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.