[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive", a bit more

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive", a bit more
From: kayser@king.igs.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 21:01:04 -0400
Jim:

>> > Wow!  This has been a wonderful thread!
>>>I like the plug in modules...
>
>Tektronix created the plug -in modular oscilloscope
>about 45 years ago.  Began a trend in both instruments,
>and military electronics; in particular for "front ends".
>Wonder if from there the Scout idea came?

Darn good point!  There was also the HRO family and then the WW II Command
set receivers were all plug in units as well.  There was at least one other
rig that had plug in modules and I am trying to find a reference to it - it
never sold well, like some of the new ones around today that really bring
nothing new to the party.

When I first heard about the Scout I figured on grabbing the modules so I
could play with the rest of the radio on a home made basis but like so many
things I would like to do that is a non starter so far....

Larry
VA3Lk