[TenTec] Pegasus Mars Info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus Mars Info
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 23:07:18 -0500
Don''t you think they may simply want/need the doc's to cover their
A__?

If you go off your rocker (or even if you don't) and do weird things
on other than ham frequencies and FCC looks at your radio, they may
want to ask T-T why they gave you the change information.

Consider their vulnerability in such situations.  I'm sure there's
legal precedent for them wanting the doc's.

When I asked for transmit capability outside the amateur radio bands
for the Paragon we have at our Emergency Operations Center at work
(NASA Johnson Space Center), I gave them documentation that stated
what we needed that capability for and how we would use it.  I don't
think I thought twice about it.  Did the same thing for Icom, Yaesu
and Kenwood on the rigs (IC-781, FT-1000, and TS-950) at the JSC ARC
station--backup radios and station location for the EOC.

73,
dale, kg5u