[TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Tentec Scout/ "Anything Positive"
From: k5rov@earthlink.net (James Parsons)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 07:02:39 -0600
I have sent a message to Carl asking about that mod but have not heard
anything  yet. I cannot find the info in the reference he made to the
Unofficial TenTec page.

Jim, K5ROV

Steve Ellington N4LQ wrote:

> Wow Perry. I'de sure like comfirmation of a FIX from TenTec because I
> actually went down to the factory and asked them in person if there
> was any cure for the jumping. The answer was a flat NO! Now you say
> all we have to do is ask and they fix it???? I was impressed with how
> stable your's was during our last qso and would like to have one that
> is as good but you seem to be the only one with a good one.
>
> Carl posted a reference to a "mod" that takes 3 minutes that cures the
> problem. Any idea what that's all about? I know guys who have tired
> external keyers, fans and Stan even disconnected an air conditioning
> vent in his car and aimed the hose on his Scout to keep it cool but to
> no avail.
>
> Steve N4LQ

James (Jim) Parsons, K5ROV   USAF, Ret. Ham for 58 yrs.
k5rov@earthlink.net     QCWA, NWQRP, Fists, ARRL
EX: W1RLA, K5FBB, K4FEO, SV0WN (CRETE), SV0WN (RHODES),
DL4NC, DL4JP, KA2FC (JAPAN), KA2JP (JAPAN).
JOHN 3:16