[TenTec] Filters interchangeable?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Filters interchangeable?
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 14:09:44 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 4 Nov 1999, March00 wrote:

> Currently I have a Omni-C with all the filters, are these filters
> interchangeable with the Cosair which I recently acquired? I am now selling
> the Omni-C for 300.00

Hi Nick -

The OMNI-C uses 9 MHz IF filters, it is single conversion.
The Corsair (I and II) use a single filter in the 9 MHz IF
and then, as a dual conversion receiver, have other filters
for the 6.3 MHz IF, where the optional filter slots are.

SO... no.  The accessory filters for the OMNI-C will not
help you with the Corsair.  The OMNI V and VI do have optional
filter slots in the 9 MHz IF, so they can be of some use in
those radios.

Clark
WA3JPG