[TenTec] Re: Heil Proset - HC5 and Omni VI Plus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Heil Proset - HC5 and Omni VI Plus
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 05:57:55 -0800 (PST)
(Wondering if we aren't beating this topic to death)

My experience, and that of others I heard from up
until now, is that there is occasional mid-sentence
break up in the VOX.  I just tried it again.  Even
cranked the gain to max, with delay at 3.  It kicks in
fine, but kicks out before it should.

FYI, my proper mic gain setting for the HC5 is at 1/4
or 9 o'clock.

[The HC5 with VOX works fine on the other
unmentionable 15 year old transceiver I own but only
use for testing purposes such as this  ;-) ]

It doesn't bother me though, 'cause I don't use VOX.

If it works fine for anyone, that's great.  Many
people report needing a preamp to get the VOX to work
right with the HC5.  And a previous post showed a very
simple mod changing two resistors in the mic input
circuit that may also fix the prob.

73,
Barry  N1EU