[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: HAMKE4WY@aol.com (HAMKE4WY@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 05:13:01 EST
Just setup my new Pegasus on Sunday and noticed two things right away after
owning two Kachina radios, one an early one and the other a later one.  I
experienced what appeared to be ALC overshoot from both Kachinas and it drove
my Alpha crazy tripping the protect circuit often. No problems here with ALC
overshoot or keying spikes on the Pegusas, my Alpha loves it. I also do not
notice the, "IN THE BARREL EFFECT," with the noise reduction on as I had in
the Kachina radios. The noise reduction effectively lowered the background
noise with no echo, ringing, or in the barrel effect. On phone the transmit
audio reports have been excellent and the receive audio sounds superb. TenTec
definitely has a winner.

73 de KE4WY Jim