[TenTec] How good is a Paragon?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How good is a Paragon?
From: wb0cff@hotmail.com (Carl R. Gansen)
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:29:17 PST
For what it's worth:
I noticed on their web page that Burghardt's Amateur Center
has 3 used Paragons for $1049 on the shelf if somebody is looking
for one. My only affiliation with BAC is as an occasional &
satisfied customer.

I've been curious about how the Pegasus would stack up against
a Paragon or Paragon II in performance.  Would it qualify as a
"Paragon III" with regards to its ham band capability and general
coverage receiver capabilities?  Does any body have these sitting
side by side?

If the Pegasus can do what a Paragon can and do it well or possibly
even better, the $895 Pegasus may be causing a re-evaluation of the
Paragon's value in the used market. Which is the better deal; a used
Paragon at ~$1000 or the new Pegasus with its warranty, upgrade
possibilities and that wonderful 30 day no risk return policy
if you do not like it?  Comments?  Hmmm?

Carl R. Gansen  WB0CFF
9300 W 225 St
Belle Plaine, Mn. 56011-4206