[TenTec] QSK question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] QSK question
From: caitlyn@netferrets.net (Caitlyn Martin)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:57:05 -0500
Hi,

> Can anyone tell me if Ten*Tecs trademark, silky-smooth QSK has been on
every
> rig that Ten*Tec has ever made  (including the first Power-Mite in 1969),
or
> is it a relatively new feature that is only on certain rigs?

I've never played with a PowerMite, but one of the guys who helped me get
into the hobby had an Argonaut 505, the very first Argonaut, and I made some
contacts with it as a Novice.  It had that kind of QSK, and that is early
70s vintage Ten Tec. If it's not been there from the beginning, it certainly
has been since near the beginning.  I'd bet that old rig (which he
eventually sold) is still doing a good job somewhere today.

Take care,
Caity