[TenTec] 540 vs. 544 Triton

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 540 vs. 544 Triton
From: k7kj@teleport.com (Greg Hodsdon)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 11:25:43 -0800
?

w8au@sssnet.com wrote:

> On the other hand, speaking from a "perception" standpoint, tuning an
> analog dial gave you the feel of "traveling" from one point to another,
> whereas a digital dial just changes numbers.

Interesting comment and something I have noted recently as well.? While tuning
the Pegasus, especially a QSY from one portion of a band to another, I find
myself relying on the "analog" dial rather than being transfixed on the
changing numbers of the digital display. Never realized the analog dial was
missed over these many years of all digital readouts!
73 de Greg, K7KJ
Portland, OR