[TenTec] Pegasus and the 160 meter Contest

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus and the 160 meter Contest
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 22:16:47 -0500
Yes it's amazing. Using an Omni V last winter during this contest, I
had to keep the 500hz filter on in the first IF plus the 250hz filter
in the 2nd IF and still felt like I needed more. The Pegasus held up
like a champ though. The DSP filtering in the Pegasus reminds me of
how the old time radios used to sound. Radios like the SX-101, HQ-170
back before crystal filters became the norm. Those receivers with
variable couping  IF transformers had no ringing whatsoever. Using the
300hz filter in the Pegasus sounds just like the wider filters ie no
ringing and no distortion. I really didn't expect this kind of
performance for under $2,000!

Steve N4LQ