[TenTec] Pegasus AM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus AM
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 10:20:18 -0800 (PST)
I love to hear the sound of crunching metal over the
air. Its so much better on AM, it sounds realistic as
heck. If only Ten Tec would put in a Stereo AM mode we
could really have accident fidelity!  Not only would
the sound of bent metal be real neat but the laptop
and the pegasus being thrown against the dashboard
would add another dimension to it. Like there arent
enough dingbats on the road talking on cellphones do
we really need someone controlling their rig via a
laptop sitting on the passenger seat! Who thought that
was a good idea?

I've heard accidents a couple of times on our local
linked repeater. Its not bad on FM, plus if the
involved HAM keeps his mic keyed down you can hear all
the great cuss words!!

--- dacalvin@us.ibm.com wrote:

> But certainly you weren't going to run a
> PC-interfaced rig in your car?!
> And I thought Boston traffic was bad the last time I
> drove there.
>
>      73,  Duane
>
> Duane A. Calvin
> Server Systems Test Engineer
> Dept. 76TS   RS/6000 - SP Nodes
> IBM Austin, TX      >O<     Tie: 793-3368
>

> --
> FAQ on WWW:
> http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
> Administrative requests:
> tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:
> owner-tentec@contesting.com
> Search:
> http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm

=====
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH
cshyde@yahoo.com
Eagles May Soar, But Weasles Never Get Sucked Into Jet Engines!

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.