[TenTec] 2 annoying problems, Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2 annoying problems, Pegasus
From: adb1x1@yahoo.com (Anthony Bowyer)
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:23:58 -0800 (PST)

Gary,
   I've not had any problems with lock ups, but when
the computer is busy with something cpu intensive, the
pod won't work until it's complete. I'm sure that's
due to the fact that the pod just sends it's
information to the Pegasus, and that data is sent to
the software and then the software initiates the
changes, like tune up or down, or a button has been
pressed. A lot of the problems I've seen mentioned
relate to the way Windows handles certain things. One
has to do with not being able to enter the frequency
directly if you're in another program. That problem is
caused by the way Windows handles 'focus'. You can
only input data from the keyboard when the application
window has 'focus'. That is, when it's the selected
window. When you think about it, it would very
difficult to handle it any other way. Windows would
have no idea where the data entered at the keyboard
should go. There does seem to be a bug with the
Pegasus software (1.62) that causes it to die when you
try it.
   I've noticed those clicks when I tune very quickly,
and I think it probably relates to how the software
updates from the pod information. There's a lot going
on behind the scenes when you tune, especially with
the pod.