[TenTec] Centurion start-up time

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Centurion start-up time
From: k8vt@ameritech.net (Carter Grabarczyk)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 10:16:44 -0500
gjn wrote:

 In between my turns I turn off the power switch.

> Question: For how long after switching the power switch on again should I
> wait untill driving it?

Gunner,
I believe that with the 3-500Zs, you may drive it almost
instantaneously, or certatainly within 1 or 2 seconds (as soon as the
filaments are at full brilliance). However, why do you want to do
this??? The inrush/startup filament current is MUCH, MUCH more difficult
on the tubes and greatly REDUCES the life of the tubes compared to just
leaving them on for the duration of the QSO.

73/Carter/K8VT
a happy Omni 6+/Centurion owner