[TenTec] 8KC SSB Signals

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 8KC SSB Signals
From: m.rauchfuss@worldnet.att.net (Mark Rauchfuss)
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:57:28 -0800
Anthony,

I agree with you, many operators fail to use the mic gain control
properly and it results in splatter. The current axiom followed by the
inept would appear to be "maximum gain must be better". One almost feels
like giving up as these individuals rarely listen and absolutely mever
read (hence the predominant use of SSB vs. CW). Better yet is to get
into an argument and commence swearing while having an 8 KC signal.

Why should we bother to waste the energy to assist or instruct, when we
know that there is a high probability of an unpleasant encounter from a
defensive and belligerent imbecile? I suppose we must try anyway, as
there is a small chance that the exchange might be taken to heart, and
it just might be overheard by other technical neophytes. It is a low
probability scenario...but we must try.

73s,

Mark,
KB8GKZ