Arthur R Bernstein <n2ka@juno.com>: [TenTec] TT 705 Cartridgein headset-

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Arthur R Bernstein <n2ka@juno.com>: [TenTec] TT 705 Cartridgein headset-boom mike??
From: n2ka@juno.com (Arthur R Bernstein)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 23:54:25 EST
From: Arthur R Bernstein <n2ka@juno.com>
To: TenTec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] TT 705 Cartridge in headset-boom mike??
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 01:33:27 EDT
READ FOLLOWING (PREVIOUSLY POSTED MESSAGE). ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS
FOR A REPLACEMENT  ELEMENT FOR THIS HEADSET???????
Hi Group, I've just recently acquired a nice headset with a boom mike.
It's an Azden HS-03. Unfortunately, I don't think these are readily
available in the U.S. anymore, since Azden has stopped distribution of
all their gear in this country. The microphone is attached to a thin,
curved stainless steel tube through which a thin shielded mike cable
runs. It appears to be single conductor shielded. I've noticed that the
output from the mike element is not sufficient to drive my OMNI VI very
well, even with the mike gain cranked way, way up (I'm familiar w/cranked
up mike gain as I use the Heil  HM-10 dual element mike.) The cartridge
is approximately the diameter across of a quarter-it's a dynamic with a
stated impedance of  500 ohms. No specifics given to voltage output.
Frequency response is given as 300-4000hz w/ a 6db rise at 2500 hz,
actually -10db at 300 hz (that's fine.) Was thinking of buying a 705
element from Ten Tec and substituting it into the boom mike holder. The
only problem I see is I believe the 705 is an electret and needs +4vdc on
it,  supplied by pin 4 on the OMNI VI. I dont think I could squeeze
another wire into the mike boom tube tto get the +4v on the element. Is
there another way to do this such as piggybacking the 4v on the audio
line? How would this be done? Or would I have to run an external wire
heat shrink tubed to the boom for the voltage.? This setup could be used
with footswitch if I wire in a
jack to mike connector between pin 3 and ground.-as Heil does.
Any suggestions or ideas?
Thanks in advance.
73,
Art, N2KA.. (95% CW!!!)
___________________________________________________________________ Get
the Internet just the way you want it. Free software, free e-mail, and
free Internet access for a month! Try Juno Web:
http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagj.  -- FAQ on WWW:
http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm Submissions:
tentec@contesting.com Administrative requests:
tentec-REQUEST@contesting.com Problems: