[TenTec] Ten Tec, Warts and All. . .

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec, Warts and All. . .
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 15:49:29 -0500
TenTec started out using what's called a "relaxation oscillator".
Hardly relaxing! Starting with the Delta 580 they switched to a
"bridged T" oscillator which produces a decent sine wave. On one of my
Omni C's I ripped out the relaxion osc and rebuit it as a T. It's
really a simple circuit and can be found by looking in any ARRL
Handbook or schematic of the 580, Paragon, Omni V etc. Most of the
parts can be reused from the old oscillator. I built mine "ugly" style
on top the original board.
The audio filter ideal works too but is a little more complex. If
there's enough need, I'll post the diagram for this osc on my web
page.

Steve N4LQ