[TenTec] Spurs from Omni 6 aux antenna input

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spurs from Omni 6 aux antenna input
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 1999 08:22:19 -0800 (PST)
Well it's an idle day here and I was just playing with
the Omni 6 and found something unusual.  Seems to be
AM broadcast spurs coupling in through my Beverage
receive antenna feeding the aux (receive) antenna
jack, even when the Omni antenna switch is on "main"
not "aux.  On 3510Khz, I can hear mixed signals from
1460Khz and 590Khz AM and on 1830Khz I can hear the
1460Khz AM station.

Disconnecting the Beverage from the aux ant jack
removes the sputs. The Beverage coax shield is
grounded at the antenna end about 100ft away.

The Omni chassis has a very good RF ground.  A common
mode choke on the Beverage feed had no effect.

Would appreciate any comments.

Thanks and a very happy 2K to all,
Barry  N1EU