[TenTec] OMNI VI on FM

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI on FM
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:32:09 -0800 (PST)
I have never put my OMNI VI on FM before today, but decided
to try it out (after a couple of years, what the heck...)
A few questions for those of you with experience -

Do you run the full 100 watts?

Does the ALC light begin by coming on full brightness on first
transmission (FM) and then trailing off to dimmer and dimmer till
it goes off?  Next transmission the ALC light does not come on?

I get decent reports so it appears to be working.  The output
level is reasonable.  Just wondering if the ALC light means
anything for FM.

Clark
WA3JPG