[TenTec] Herc or MFJ

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Herc or MFJ
From: phil@invest.fsbusiness.co.uk (phil)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 07:19:43 +0000
Al,

>But, it isn't the number of pills that determine quality!  Instead
>it is the ratings and the accompanying circuit design.  Anybody
>have information on that?
Yes, you are of course correct. I should of explained myself.

At 12/14V you're somewhat limited in the selection of devices. When you
consider the best of them (Toshiba's 2SC2879) is rated at 120w pep at
14V then based on this it doesn't take much to realise which numbers are
probably being stretched somewhat.

There again quoting big numbers have been a manufacture's tool for quite
some time.

Phil  G4ZOW
PS. Ted Henry makes an all-band mobile unit that runs 8 of these devices
yet is rated at a conservative 750w pep. The Herc does not use these
devices.