[TenTec] Re: Pegasus and DOS programs - DesqView!!!!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Pegasus and DOS programs - DesqView!!!!!
From: kayser@king.igs.net (Larry Kayser)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:44:47 -0500
Greetings All:

DesqView!!!!

Unless DesqView has grown up a whole lot it is not capable of running the
TenTec Pegasus program in Windows and running DOS programs at the same time.
Maybe I missed something but I think not.

DesqView is a pretty simple and trivial multi tasking controller under DOS
and it is 2% or less of what is going on for Win 95 or higher MS programs.

Steve, N4LQ is right, the problem with the DOS logging program is that it is
holding on to all the Win 9x resources with its death grasping little
fingers.  The processor is running at 100%.  Under Win 95 this can be
overcome by poking around and setting something, I can not remember what, to
force the DOS to let go of its death grasp on the PC's resources.  This
trick will not work with NT-4 in either WorkStation or Server mode, sadly
for me.

Larry
VA3LK