[TenTec] CORSAIR I (tick,tick,tick...)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] CORSAIR I (tick,tick,tick...)
From: dan.newby@ipix.com (Dan Newby)
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 11:54:52 -0500
Sounds like it is something being radiated if you don't hear it with the
antenna disconnected, not internally generated in your radio.  If you have
one, try hooking up another HF rig and see if you hear the ticking noise.
I have, in the past, heard a noise like you describe. One time it was a
power line insulator breaking down. Another time it turned out that when a
friends house was being wired, the electrician was stapling down the romax
in the attic and one staple penetrated the romax. It eventually started
arcing from one conductor to the staple to another conductor....making a
radiated and audible ticking noise.  Fortunately, he found it before it set
his house on fire!

Good luck, problems like that can be a real pain.

Dan

<<The ticking is not audible with antenna removed. However, the computer was
disconnected and removed from the room (MAC laptop) and all other electrical
devices turned off thru out the house. It still remains. It is almost like an
internal clock ticking away. Sure has me stumped. It appears to be a rig
related problem rather than outside source.

Alan KB7MBI