[TenTec] Re: tick

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: tick
From: ARDUJENSKI@aol.com (ARDUJENSKI@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:02:51 EST

In a message dated 02/01/00 23:05:51, grix@teleport.com writes:

<< Hi...I'm out near electric fences in Battle Ground, WA.  That is exactly

what they sound like.  Just a bit slower than 1 per second.  I just dumped

my IC746 because it didn't have an adjustable noise blanker.  Now have an

IC765.  I've lived with this condition for years.  Horses.  Careless

neighbor about 2 acres away.  Hi.  ...Lee K7INU >>

--------------
Lee,
Boy that is amazing. I would never have focused on those fences. That rythmic
pulsing sure had me baffled. I did find out 3 neighbors have those invisible
fences for their dogs and about half mile away is a horse stable with
electric fence. Now to start narrowing it down. I did try using a portable AM
radio and then my QRP PLUS with a short antenna but was not able to pick it
up until I put the PLUS on the GAP antenna. The noise blanker on the rig did
attenuate the signal quite a bit.

I talked to two invisible fence folks for the area. One was willing to check
out his two clients in the area but the other company kept claiming they
don't transmit over 15 ft away (and all QRPers know how far you can go on
milliwatts). Thanks Lee and Steve and Mike and the rest of you for pointing
out the probable source.

Alan KB7MBI

PS I did check the mattress for ticking and tried the flea and tick spray
with no avail (smile)