[TenTec] Re: Hiss

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Hiss
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:58:28 -0600
About,

"If I have one complaint about the OMNI VI it's the background hiss
(speakers
or headphones)."

Yes, and the final solution is use of a passive, audio bandpass filter
as posted by another fella. Circuits similar to those used in hi-fi
speaker midrange crossovers work great. I have used such for the past 30
years, especially when using hi-hi headphones. It takes out hiss and low
freq. thuds and thumps when using QSK, etc. Years ago in QST there was a
construction article for a "Crud Rejection Filter"?? Same idea.

73,    Roy       K6XK           Iowa