[TenTec] Pegasus / 705 mic

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus / 705 mic
From: arp@inet4u.com (Al Patrick)
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2000 21:19:38 -0500

I can tune the Pegasus and get from very low (< 3 watts) to a full 100 watts
with
about a 1.00 to 1 SWR; however, when I key the mic I always get 0 watts out!
(The
software interface and the tuner agree on the wattage - except very low end.)
It
doesn't matter if I press the momentary button or the maintained one.  PTT / VOX
switch is in the PTT position.  No battery is in the mic, but I installed one
temporarily with the same results.  All interface indications are that I'm
transmitting, but with 0 watts out!

What is the next  thing to check?

(If it's as simple as the last question I had I'm going to feel real dumb!  <g>
 )