[TenTec] OMNI VI FM reception

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI FM reception
From: csturner@falcon.csc.calpoly.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:18:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi all -

Setting up a satellite ground station here for UHF.  Want to use the OMNI
VI for the IF, and need to receive 9600 baud using FM.  This requires
wideband FM reception and the OMNI specs at 15 KHz 6 db bandwidth there so
it should work.  Anyone try this?  My only concern is that I have used the
rig on FM and it delivers fairly low audio compared to SSB and CW, I am
not sure what that is about.  Is the FM audio chain restricted at all?
Don't have my manual here, curious if anyone else has done UHF satellite
work using the OMNI VI.  I am working with some student teams here at Cal
Poly University to put some birds in space (and create a few hams too!)

Clark
WA3JPG