[TenTec] Pegasus /RX-320 Information

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus /RX-320 Information
From: Tim Cook" <timcook@erinet.com (Tim Cook)
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 09:20:46 -0500
I have been going back and forth on selling my Ten Tec Pegasus for a couple
of months and have about decided to sell it.  I have lost interest in
operating and only really need a receiver for the occasional time I do
listen. I really like the receiver in the Pegasus and wonder how close the
 RX-320's receiver is to the Pegasus.   I do some BCB DX'ing and SW
listening
and use LSB/USB to reduce the effects of interference while listening to the
AM stations.
The frequency accuracy of the Pegasus is such that I don't have to touch the
tuning to
remain "zero-beat" when going from the AM mode to SSB even on frequencies as
high
 as the 13M band.   I have seen reports of the RX-320 not being quite so
accurate and
some retuning or  predetermined freq correction  is required  when utilizing
this method of
 operating.  I would like to hear from someone who has both the Pegasus or
has used both
and can give me a real comparison of the two radios.

If the results are favorable, the Pegasus may be up for sale..

 Please email direct with any information.....

Thanks
Tim
NZ8J