[TenTec] Re: Zero beat

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Zero beat
From: royanjoy@ncn.net (Roy Koeppe)
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 08:00:13 -0600
About,

"My OMNI VI+ is slightly off what I call zero beat.
When I call someone, many times they don't hear me, but someone else.
I have found that when I set the XIT to +0.13  they can now hear me.
Is the offset adjusted wrong or something else?
Is it just me?"

Try using a lower frequency offset like 420 Hz and turn off the XIT and
RIT and then match the received station's tone to your sidetone's
frequency. In MENU 3, set OdP to OFF. See what happens then.

73,       Roy          K6XK         Iowa